Breath Tapping - Reverence for Life University
Breath Tapping is the physical practice of tapping near the center of the body to actively awaken the natural intelligence of our body, while connecting it to Conscious Deep Breathing. A lot could be written, and we will provide some additional references for those who would like to learn more, but we want to present simply, the Practice of Breath Tapping. The Reverence for Life University is the Home of Breath Tapping. RFLU's soul aim is to bring The Practice, and Breath Consciousness to every person.
Steps in Breath Tapping Practice
1) Simply form your right or left hand into tapping device. This is done by cupping the hand with the five fingers together as a single unit, like a little hammer (symbolizes the 5 senses).
2) Choose where you are going to tap in the center of your body, whether the solar plexus, the diaphragm, or near the heart center. In any case, for Breath Tapping, make sure you are tapping on the vertical, center line of your body (where your rib cage joins).
3) Pratice gentle tapping that feels comfortable, natural and easy. I personally like to mimic my heartbeat, two gentle taps together, and a longer time between, maybe a 1/2 second or so. The pace could be tap, tap - pause - tap, tap. Repeat this for as long as you like. It could be as long as a few minutes or more, or, for less than a minute.
4) Things to do while tapping? Anything that makes you feel good. Repeat an affirmational mantra (see Trust Your Breath free pdf), hum a song, hum your heart tone (see Living in the Heart by Drunvalo Melchizedek (video). You can visualize a peaceful place, think about people or things you love. You can imagine the process underway waking your body up by stimulating your vagus nerve. The key is to Practice, play, and appreciate turning this physical exercise into your own.
5) This part of our body is called the Bread Basket. Our Vagus Nerve is centered here, as is our Solar Plexus, both important centers for tapping into the physical intelligence of our bodies, which can lead to health, wellness and happiness. Again, an entire chapter could be written about each of these topics, and we are not interested in getting into side discussions. We will provide links below.
MAKE BREATH TAPPING YOUR OWN, AND PRACTICE WHENEVER YOU REMEMBER, OR WANT TO!! COMBINED WITH CONSCIOUS, DEEP, APPRECIATIVE BREATHING, IT IS COMBINATION FOR HEALTH AND WELLNESS THAT CANNOT BE SURPASSED.
Key Body Parts
Solar Plexus (3rd Chakra, from Depak Chopra)
Bread Basket (primary region for digestion)
The Practice is included in the downloadable Global Citizenship Passport, for FREE!